- Alloy Digital was a web 1.0 digital media publisher needing to transform to a 2.0 and beyond digital world.
- Revenue limited to banner ads
- User engagement on web properties limited
- Social engagement had dropped due to Facebook changes
- No mobile footprint
- Poorly performing websites
- No alternative revenue streams
- No team focused on product improvements
- Pano Anthos named Chief Product Officer — established agile, product-oriented culture that reflects the new web and mobile worlds.
- Brought e-commerce in-house and hired team to drive growth
- Built and launched moneymaking mobile games and very successful mobile viewing apps with a brand new mobile product management organization at Alloy;
- Created new revenue streams while delivering 5.7 petabytes of video per year across O+O and Youtube channels.
- Implemented gamification layer on Smosh.com with encouraging early results.
- Implemented Big Data leveraging Vertica and tools to identify key user behaviors and testing.
- New revenues grew by over $1 million in less than 9 months from $0
- E-commerce initiatives grew revenues by 50% yoy
- Leveraged social media to increase yoy traffic on Smosh.com by over 20% yoy.
- Increased unique visitors by 20% yoy to 66 million visitors for Smosh.com.
- Grew average time on page by over 40% yoy.
- Platforms created to expand revenue streams beyond current properties in mobile and gaming worlds
- Team built to carry growth forward with Alloy merger with Break Media