Durable Goods Executive Summary
- The impact of the Internet on consumer durables goods purchasing is considerable
- Durable Goods Manufacturers (DGM’s) must understand the online behavior of their different types of customers
- These customers expect to directly engage with their brands anywhere at anytime
- These customers engage in online interactions above and beyond product research.
- These customers seek online community
- DGM’s must understand how their retail customers/partners are being challenged in the market
- DGM’s must sell online by developing their own direct-to-consumer capability.
- DGM’s must develop and execute a clear strategy with online distribution partners like Amazon.
- DGM’s must tie together the user retail experience of their products with their other forms of digital user experiences.
For the full whitepaper: